This webinar has been organised by Bioenergy Europe and The European Biochar Industry Consortium.
In order to achieve carbon neutrality, we need to act on two fronts: (i) rigorous emissions reduction and (ii) active carbon removal from the atmosphere.
It will be looking at three realistic, quickly scalable and shovel ready biomass-based solutions for carbon removal:
- Bioenergy with carbon capture and storage,
- Forests as carbon sinks as well as
- Pyrogenic Carbon Capture and Storage (Biochar).
- Dr. Simon Kay, Senior Expert, European Commission, DG Climate Action, Land Use and Finance for Innovation Unit
- Prof. Jan Minx, Head of working group Applied Sustainability Science, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC)
- Dr.Sc. Kati Koponen, Senior Scientist, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Dr. Hans Verkerk, Principal Scientist – Climate-Smart Forestry, European Forest Institute
- Hansjörg Lerchenmüller, Chairman, European Biochar Industry Consortium (EBI)
To get more information, or to register, click here.